Purchasing Manager – Houston
Westin Homes is currently accepting resumes for a Purchasing Manager position. The primary responsibility is the complete and accurate contracting of all labor required to build homes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Westin has only the best trade partners in order to meet its manufacturing needs
- Ensure Westin trade partners are continuously improving in the areas of quality, cost, service and delivery performance
- Understand the material supply chains of specific spend categories, and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize the flow through the chain
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for the specific major category being sourced
- Facilitate value engineering sessions with trade partners and associates
- Proactively communicate with all applicable associates within division
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices
- Develop, maintain and use should-cost models for specific spend categories and related construction services
- Own the responsibility for improving the division’s cost per sq foot
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of VPO’s
- Review all VPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise
- Identify areas and trends in extra VPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs
- Ensure continuity of supply and labor to the division’s communities
- Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing communities
- Assist with maintaining insurance and contract compliance
- Ensure adherence to Department policies and procedures
- Review plans, takeoffs and budgets for new communities and resolve possible issues before the community or plan starts. Manage plan sets
- Assist as necessary with material takeoffs for new and revised plans
- Analyze plans/homes for cost analysis recommendations and value engineering adjustments
- Prepare contracting packages (i.e. Trade partner Base Agreements, Scopes of Work, Insurance Requirements, Specifications, etc.)
- Generate and analyze variance reports
- Participate in division variance meetings, communicating results to the purchasing and construction team for any adjustments needed
- Assist supplier/trade partners as necessary to resolve invoicing/partnership issues
- Track and follow up as necessary to collect local/regional rebates
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required; College preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record and auto insurance coverage
- Minimum of 2 years of residential construction experience.
- Full understanding of residential construction and architectural design.
- Professionally perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Good writing and extremely good organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity, and loyalty.
- Team Player with ability to work well under pressure
For immediate consideration, send resume w/ salary history to: Westin Homes, Attn: HR, 2245 Texas Drive, Suite 600, Sugar Land, Texas 77479; Fax 281-240-3252;