Product Specialist – Houston
Westin Homes is currently accepting resumes for a Product Specialist position. Basic functions of this position include learning the day to day operations of the Design Center, appointment process, procedures, policies and functions. After learning how the Design Center operates and functions (Front and Back of the House), you will lead the managing of products offered and all that it entails for both Design Center locations- Houston & Austin.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, marking, inputting, & printing info for Designer prior to Buyer appointments
- Spec Product- Work with Designers, Purchasing and Vendors in all aspect of Spec Products
- NewStar and Excel
- All Products – Houston & Austin Showrooms
- Attend Purchasing meetings
- Communicate issues and needs of Design Center to team
- Notify everyone of vendor changes, pricing/retail changes, availability
- Oversee the catalog/showroom updates/availability/retail pricing/labeling/sample maintenance
- All Showroom Inventory
- Houston Showroom – Supplies, coffee, lights, music, snack/waters, keep tidy
- Austin Showroom – Keeping track of inventory of all products in Austin DC
- Communicating with Austin Team of changes
- NewStar- inputing and maintenance once LIVE
- Run weekly DC meeting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: including professionalism, telephone etiquette and customer service
- Proficient at multi-tasking, organizing, and prioritizing accordingly
- Ability to be flexible with changing daily duties and tasks
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and able to follow through
- Team play and trustworthy
- Able to lift some heavy materials from time to time – up to 30lbs
- Computer literacy. Proficient at MS Excel, Outlook, and Power Point and excellent keyboard skills
- NewStar experience is a plus!
- Enjoy working with people and have a positive attitude
- Able and comfortable to perform well in an open, noisy/busy environment with minimal personal space.
- High School Diploma Required
- College degree preferred
- 2-5 years Design Center or Design Trade Experience
For immediate consideration, send resume w/ salary history to: Westin Homes, Attn: HR, 2245 Texas Drive, Suite 600, Sugar Land, Texas 77479; Fax 281-240-3252; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.