Designer – Houston
Westin Homes is currently accepting resumes for a Designer position. Basic functions of this position are to guide our buyers in the process of making their personalized home selections in our Design Center. This includes 2 Design Center Appointments and a Pre-Construction meeting per buyer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare for, host and finish Design and Pre-Construction meetings along with coordinating documents in a timely manner per appointment schedule
- Responsible for inputting, tracking and coordinating exterior selections and maps/PowerPoints.
- Taking photos of selections and recording such.
- Research, track and resolve various problems.
- Create, update and maintain company excel databases, other documents and Design Center catalogs.
- Assist in showroom maintenance, organization and upkeep.
- Various office duties and projects.
- Maintain Showroom, samples, catalogues and selling materials- both Houston & Austin.
- Work with field on buyer or spec issues- research, track and resolve various problems
- Create, update and maintain excel & NewStar databases and other documents and Design Center catalogs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: including professionalism, telephone etiquette and customer service.
- Knowledgeable with current products, color and trends.
- General construction knowledge and able to read a plan.
- Proficient at multi-tasking, organizing, and prioritizing accordingly.
- Ability to be flexible with changing daily duties and tasks.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Able and comfortable to perform well in an open, noisy/busy environment with minimal personal space.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and able to follow through.
- Team play and trustworthy.
- Able to lift some heavy materials from time to time- up to 30lbs.
- Computer Literacy. Proficient at MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and excellent keyboard skills.
- Enjoy working with people and have a positive attitude.
- High School Diploma Required.
- College degree preferred.
Previous Design Center or Interior Design Experience is preferred.
For immediate consideration, send resume w/ salary history to: Westin Homes, Attn: HR, 2245 Texas Drive, Suite 600, Sugar Land, Texas 77479; Fax 281-240-3252; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.