Architectural Lead Designer – Austin
Westin Homes is currently seeking a talented individual to join our Austin division in the position of Architectural Lead Designer.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience and be proficient in AutoCAD Architecture 2016 or later. The Architectural Lead Designer will work on master and lot-specific plans for new home construction along with designing new floor plan concepts. Three key attributes the candidate must obtain are: attention to detail, speed and accuracy. Candidate must be familiar with current Texas Building Codes, structural requirements and have a strong working knowledge of wood frame construction. Knowledge of the associated costs of such would be an extra bonus!
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental/vision/prescription, 401(k), professional development, and much more!
As a member of the Architectural team, this position works on single family architecture projects across market segments and with varying degrees of complexity – producing the project deliverables to represent Westin’s & Developer’s objectives in order to set ourselves apart in the marketplace.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Creative ability to come up with new plan concepts from a list of needs within certain requirements
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, follow-up and time management skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as team
• Ability to prioritize and multitask with great attention to detail- proactive and deadline oriented.
• 10 year minimum AutoCAD experience,
• Understanding and ability to write/update lisp routines and other programming knowledge is preferred
• Understand building systems and ability to co-ordinate drawings
• Firm understanding of residential construction including code and production building
• Keeping Standard House Plans & Construction Details Up to Date
• Drafting Custom Home Plans & Drawing Site Plans
• Working with Mechanical & Truss Company to Assure Home Built Correctly
• Competitive pay: $80k – $150k
• Health Care: no cost medical and affordable dental/vision
• Financial Security: 401K plan, Health Savings Account, & Flexible
• Time Off: 2 weeks of paid holidays, 2 weeks of paid vacation, 1 week of
paid personal/medical leave per year.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• 5+ Years Experience Drafting House Plans
• 10+ Years AutoCAD Architecture
• 2+ Years in REVIT Preferred
• 4 Year Degree Required
For immediate consideration, email resume w/ salary history to: email@example.com.