Pecan Grove Section 1
Welcome to Pecan Grove!
Here you’ll discover Southwest Houston’s best-kept secret. Named for the stately pecan trees growing in the area, the community was originally referred to as Pecan Grove Plantation and later simply Pecan Grove. All Westin homebuyers have the ability to join the Pecan Grove Plantation Country Club (the first 90-days are free as an added bonus). The plantation style clubhouse has a full array of excellent amenities and full social calendar of events making the club the perfect family getaway… and the best part is it’s right in your backyard!
Connect to What Matters…. Boasting 27 holes of golf, Pecan Grove promises to challenge golfers of every level. As a member you will enjoy three unique nine-hole layouts, fairways lined with magnificent oak and pecan trees, men’s and ladies golf leagues, an attractive junior program, and their signature golf tournaments. There’s something for all the golfing members of your family.
Your Home Away from Home… Pecan Grove is truly a personal retreat for you and your family. Away from the links you’ll find the perfect combination of tennis leagues and lessons on their six lighted tennis courts, a fully equipped state-of-the-art fitness center and a junior Olympic-sized pool, as well as a variety of junior tennis and golf activities for your children to enhance their skills and make new friends. In addition, you will find that their inviting clubhouse offers a wide variety of casual and formal cuisine for the delight of your palette.
About Pecan Grove:
Pecan Grove is an affluent residential community located in Northeastern Fort Bend County. The neighborhood consists of over 2100 homes, located near Highway 90 between Harlem Rd and FM 359 with convenient access to Hwy 59 and the Grand Parkway. Neighbors, Friends, Family, this is just a great place to live. A feeling of security and the ease of being able to walk down the streets, day or night, is one of the continuing benefits of our community. Bordering a 27 hole golf course, great schools, parks, easy access to shopping and restaurants, residents are truly fortunate.
About the Schools:
Our children attend Lamar CISD, one of the fastest-growing school districts in Texas.
Community involvement is one of the keys to the success of Lamar CISD. Whether it’s supporting students at athletic and cultural events, approving the construction of new schools, the many volunteers who help our teachers and students on a daily basis, the men and women serving on advisory committees or those supporting the Lamar Educational Awards Foundation with financial contributions, our community is what makes Lamar CISD a great place to raise a family.
Lamar CISD will always focus on putting students first. Our campuses are designed with smaller enrollments (high schools are designed for no more than 2,000 students) to provide more opportunities for students to assume leadership roles and participate in campus activities. Lamar CISD also has sixth-grade-only campuses (middle schools) which focus on the needs of pre-adolescents, providing a smooth transition to secondary schools.
Lamar CISD is proud to be an HEB Excellence in Education Large District winner. We’re home to National Principals of the Year, Gates Millennium Scholars, National Blue Ribbon Schools, Rodeo Art Grand Champions, State Athletic Champions and we’re a recent member of the comptroller’s Honors Circle for financial and academic excellence.
Lamar CISD has also passed four bond referendums over the past 15 years, while maintaining one of the lowest tax rates in the Houston area.
We already know Lamar CISD is a special place and we think you’ll agree.
Lamar CSID offers:
- A variety of instructional methods are used to accelerate reading instruction at all grade levels, including Balanced Literacy, the Accelerated Reader Computer Program, whole language, phonics and novel sets.
- A strong commitment to a manipulative base underlies it’s developmental mathematics program and is continued with the use of cooperative learning while placing an emphasis on problem-solving strategies.
- Thematic units are used to establish relevance among the various disciplines of the curriculum.
- Emphasize is placed on continuous development of higher order critical thinking skills used in multi-step problem solving and our ongoing commitment to mastering grade level basic facts.
- Technology is an integral part of the instructional program. Networked computer labs, computer-accessible library catalog system, electronic encyclopedia stations, classroom networks, and student-conducted daily announcements also enhances student access to technology.
- Activities are designed to develop leadership qualities in students of all ages. Programs include peer tutoring, peer mediators, community service projects, and bridging partnerships.
- Differences in student interests and abilities are addressed through many all-school activities such as the Science Fair, Young Author’s program, Read Across America Day, spelling bees, the Fine Arts Festival, Field Day, strong athletic programs, and after-school clubs.
- Lamar CISD enjoys a strong base of parental involvement. An active volunteer program provides a variety of daily services to students and staff. Parent-Teacher Organizations offer manpower and financial support for instructional and co-curricular activities. Parents participate in an advisory capacity through the Site-Base Management Teams. Ongoing parent communications are enhanced by weekly classroom newsletters and publication.
|Plan Name & Community||Sq. Ft.||Stories||Beds||Baths||Garages||Price|
1602 Stuart Drive Richmond Texas 77406
1519 Giles Drive Richmond Texas 77406
1703 Pecan Branch Drive Richmond Texas 77406
1507 Giles Drive Richmond Texas 77406
1514 Giles Drive Richmond Texas 77406
From Grand Pkwy South: Exit Bellfort/Mason Road, make a left on Mason and head south on Grand Pkwy. Turn left on Plantation
Drive, and a right onto Pitts Road. Turn left onto Pecan Terrace Drive, just south of
Austin Elementary School. The model home will be straight ahead.
From US 59: Exit at the Grand Pkwy and head north. Exit Hwy 90 and take a left.
Turn right onto Pitts Road and travel north. Turn right onto Pecan Terrace Drive,
just before Austin Elementary School. The model home will be straight ahead.