Construction Manager – West Austin Area
Westin Homes is currently accepting resumes for a Construction Manager position. This position will manage the start process, construction phase and delivery of homes within a specific project or subdivision according to established criteria. The selected candidate will provide a high level of quality customer service to homebuyers and homeowners during the construction and warranty phases. They will also maintain product quality, profit margins and production standards by utilizing the construction management procedures. The candidate will manage all Company business according to the Company’s policies, Core Values and Company Mission.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all construction activity to provide an effective, efficient, systematic and sequential flow of work according to the established production schedule, start process, construction phase and cost control
- Be familiar with, and review regularly, the construction manual, subdivision standard contract specifications, standard options and option price workbook, designer specification sheet and all subdivision information (Deed Restrictions, HOA, EPA, Tract maps, etc.) and understand all municipal, code and site conditions associated with construction on the project.
- Effectively communicate with the homeowner from the pre-construction meeting, through the construction phase, closing and warranty period on all issues pertaining to the construction of their home.
- Effectively communicate with the Sales Counselor on all build-to-suit contracts, spec homes, model maintenance, subdivision maintenance, signage and all other issues necessary to run an efficient subdivision.
- All Construction Managers shall have an excellent working knowledge of the Warranty Service program. Be willing to step in when needed.
- Other duties as requested
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business or another related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year prior Construction experience required.
- A minimum of 1 year Warranty Service experience is required.
- Computer proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proven customer service skills required.
- Ability to read plans, concepts and translate into cost estimates that fit within the goals and strategy of the organization required.
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) including desired to ask questions and learn from others.
- Strong organizational skills with keen ability to prioritize, multi-task and pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
For immediate consideration, send resume w/ salary history to: Westin Homes, Attn: HR, One Sugar Creek Center, Suite 600, Sugar Land, Texas 77478; Fax 281-240-3252; email: firstname.lastname@example.org