Accounting Assistant – Houston
Westin Homes is currently accepting resumes for a Accounting Assistant position. This position will perform accounting department functions including receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements, and accounting related record keeping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines dates for invoices to be paid; keys invoices into computerized accounting system.
- Maintains alphabetical, open purchase order/invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable and accounts receivable reports.
- Attaches payment transmittal reports/check stubs to original invoices, and files in permanent records.
- Phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to accounting.
- Performs other accounting and/or office duties as requested by the Controller.
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision, and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is important. Ability to understand and utilize accounting reports and legal documents to conduct business is required.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
For immediate consideration, send resume w/ salary history: Westin Homes, Attn: HR, One Sugar Creek Center Blvd., Suite 600, Sugar Land, Texas 77478; Fax 281-240-3252, email: firstname.lastname@example.org